We are growing our team!
Do you have a passion to serve the local Church and love kids/youth ministry? We may have a role for you.
Awana International Canada is a ministry focused on partnering with the local church in order to reach kids with the gospel, equip leaders as disciple-makers and change the world for Jesus. In all positions at Awana, it is foundational that your personal life and goals as a team member of AIC are to live for the Lord Jesus Christ above all else and represent him well in the work you do.
We want everyone on our team to be outstanding supporters of the vision and mission of Awana. Providing great resources, support, and excellent service for our partnered churches and our team in the field are top priorities. These priorities drive our goals and expectations.
The person we are looking for is highly adaptable and able to maintain the ministry from a financial perspective. A positive “can-do” attitude is a must as the ministry needs to flex and move based on the season. Our team is fun and works hard to get tasks done with excellence. Bringing new team members on is an exciting opportunity for us but is done with a great deal of caution to ensure the culture of our team continues to grow positively.
Positivity - Flexibility - Fun - Hardworking - Attention to detail - Leader - Responsible - Trustworthy
The primary purpose of this role is to contribute to the accounting/financial activities of Awana Canada. This position reports to the Executive Director.
- Monthly financial report
- Sales analysis (monthly as needed)
- Cost of sales analysis (monthly as needed)
- Shipping analysis (monthly as needed)
- Monthly projection (as needed)
- Annual budgeting (Rd ministry budgets, operations planning)
- Annual pricing updates (based on discussions with ED)
- GST filing
- Compliance - T3010, BC registration, Quebec registration, NFP Corp
- Variance analysis, oversight of chart of accounts
- Month-end entries-(deferred revenue, prepaid, cap assets, admin fees, fund transfers) as needed
- Reconciliation of accounts - as needed
- Clergy filings
- Supervision and support of a bookkeeper
- Year-end/ audit prep/ oversight
- Tax receipting - oversight/ reconciling
- Meetings with ED/Team
- Regular email correspondence with Awana headquarters re-support/ questions
Qualifications & Competencies
- Accounting designation CPA
- 10+ years experience in accounting
- An asset would be to have a familiarity with a church/mission-based/para-church organization and or with significant experience in the charitable sector
- Advanced computer skills with good knowledge of Quickbooks and other accounting software.
- Understanding of CCCC’s and CRA regulations and reporting requirements
- Knowledge and experience in Payroll Accounting (ADP) would be a great asset to have for this position
Hours and Office
- Remote office with minimal travel
- Flexible position, working approx. 10 hours per week
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation based on certification and experience - TBD
Awana International Canada is an equal opportunity employer and accepts all resumes for review. Once the review is complete, we will contact applicants that we feel fit the needs of the ministry. Not all applicants will receive a response but we do appreciate the submissions.